Monday, October 27, 2014

Sleeping with the Laundry

I don't really know why mom stressed about putting you in the laundry basket.  I kept hearing her say to people "we're going to try it this weekend"...and then not.  "She needs to be sleeping flat".... and then not.  "We are going to miss the window"... and then not.  It was already enough that she moved you from our room to your very own, but now she wants to put you in the laundry basket!  I'm no expert, but I don't know how this was in your best interest.  She often calls this laundry basket your crib, but really, it's just a giant place to hold all your clothes and stuffed animals.  It sure takes up quite a bit of space in  you room too.

But, things changed on Friday when she and dad (really just SHE) formulated a plan to get you to try and sleep in this basket called a crib.  I could sense her anxiety so I made sure to stay extra close to help calm her down. I think it worked because she actually followed through and put your tiny self in there...and then walked out of the room!  You layed still.



Mom was still a little anxious so she watched you, and her wine, for quite some time.  



Gram was also here and she was also enjoying some wine.  Before she left, she made sure to yell dad's name very loud...shocker that you woke up.  You stirred and made noise for an hour.  But no longer than 4 minutes at a time.  That was mom's plan, after 5 minutes of crying she would come snuggle you.  But you didn't need it!  

Night two was even better!  We are on a roll!

Night three....well night two was good!  We were due for a mishap, but we will try again.  I've been making sure to come in with mom when you are upset.  Lately, I haven't been coming with her

because I'm so tired and you haven't been up very long and didn't need me.  But, now that you're in the crib basket I feel that you (and mom) may be a little stressed so, for now, I'll see you in the wee hours of the night.  You got this sister, and it will get better.  I'm proud of how hard you've worked to help mom with this.  

Now, to catch same zzzz's while you do.

 

Love,
Nelson


No comments:

Post a Comment