Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Mother's Day



Week 33...someone had a growth spurt this week!

This year Mother's Day was even more special.  I always like to make my mom feel wonderful on this day.  I started off the week posing for this wonderful photo, yet again.  Nailed it.


I really enjoy the throw back to this bow, takes me back to the 50's style.  Anyway, I had a great Saturday with my mom and dad.  Dad wanted to actually get up and go on our morning walk with mom and me!  (well, I use the term "wanted" loosely).  So we started off the day at my favorite time, 7 AM.  Someone has to get mom prepared for reality, and pretty soon she will realize I've actually been letting her sleep in.  After our long walk we had a nice trip to Home Depot....we sure sound like an old married couple here.  Got some mulch and I came home to help mom and dad in the yard.  


Mom got stuck in the position for quite some time, so I helped her out by moving around the mulch.  It's getting awfully hard for her to  move around these days.  

The next morning I was so excited because my family came over for a yummy brunch.  I got to see some of my favorite people!  



But my favorite part of this day was when my dad gave mom her Mother's Day gift.  Dad and I went back and forth on what or if she should do something for her.  I mean, I do something most years because she is indeed MY mom, so it just makes sense.  But my sister isn't quite here yet so it's kinda a grey area.  By moms reaction, dad knocked his gift out of the park.  During our fabulous brunch dad gave mom a letter.  It was actually a letter to my sister from my dad.  Let me tell you what, that was a sure way to get my momma to be a mess.  She read the first line and lost it!  Dad had to read it out loud.  And I have to say, he really did a nice job.  Kinda hard to read, but you get the point.    

(sis- I've heard mom rap...wait until you're old enough not to be embarrassed anymore)

She said she could not have asked for a better gift.  

So we enjoyed our last Mother's Day as a family of 3.  I can't wait to see what next year brings and what creative ways my sister and I can spoil mom.  Next up, Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment