Monday, May 19, 2014

Joys of Week 35

My mom can't stop talking about how she has loved every minute of pregnancy.  She loves feeling my sister, seeing herself grow, put together a nursery, and all the fun things that come along with growing a human.  I have to say, her tone changed just slightly within the last week.  Here are some of the things I've overheard my mom talk about:



1.  When told she measured TWO WEEKS ahead, mom yelled at Dr. Wittek.  #embarrassing  #limittheicecream

2.  When going to bed Friday night mom became a geriatric soon-to-be-mom.  She threw her back out.  Or at least struggled to move.  She gets up LOTS in the night to go to the bathroom.  I know this because I've started sleeping on the floor beside her (summer gets hot).  Mom does a great job at getting up and seeing where I'm at so she doesn't step on me.  That's not an inconvenience at all for a someone half asleep to do five times a night.  Anyway, it took her so long with so many moans and whines before her feet even touched the ground.  Then she held on to the wall the entire way to the bathroom.  Yikes, she looked in pain.  


3.  Bladder Blues.  She goes, she leaves bathroom, she goes again.  Not sure this is the best use of her time.  
4.  She's starving, she's not.  Which is it??

5.  Emotions....are on OVERDRIVE!  My poor dad.  He's been such a great help lately.  Doing chores, making dinner and searing the entire house with smoke because "that's what the meat guy said to do", taking me for walks, walking with mom and me on the weekends, growing a goatee...oh, that last one just made mom happy, it really didn't help anything.  But I tell you what, she gets emotional quick.  Like when dad said he was going to go on a golf trip.  Mom got so sad.  Strangely, she wants him around ALL the time.  I mean, I love my dad, he's pretty much the coolest but we can stand to let him do his own thing mom. 

 

6.  What's my name?  Where do we live?  What day is it?  If my mom can remember the answers to just one of those questions then we are doing good.  She pretty much forgets everything.  Everyday.  She even said she is so frustrated being around herself.  (not me).  As long as people are aware that this is truly a symptom of her condition, life will be okay.  Even moody Miss Heckerson loves mom despite the fact she is failing at her job most days.    

7.  She wants something done...STAT!  If mom has an idea, chore, or something she wants done you better be ready to work.  There is no wait time.  Got mulch- go get it, got a bookcase- go find one, washing machine stinks- dad give her your credit card.    


Despite all this, she still loves every minute of harboring my sister and wouldn't change a thing.  She and dad can't wait to see what she'll look like.  Personally, I hope she has my eyes.  


Love,
Nelson

Oh- and we were so excited to meet Baby Colton Coquillard and Nora Lloyd.  Mom has been pregnant with Libby and Holly this entire time, so S%*# just got real that those two had their babies!



No comments:

Post a Comment