**Remember how I once mentioned that my grammie takes pills and wine when she flies. Just a note, she did not just get off a plane in this picture, despite what it looks like. I think she was still recovering from the shower the day before. Although my mom looks quite refreshed.
My Aunt Sharon also came up to help my grandma's too. She works on a farm so it was natural for her to corral the herds at this shower.
My Great Grandma Frazier and Great Aunt Stephanie were there too. Sad I missed seeing them.
I've also talked about Cody and how much I love him. Well he got himself a super cute fiancé whom mom just loves. She can't wait to welcome Laneah into the crazy family.
All the ladies from every side of our huge family were in attendance. This one was just as special as the first. The gram's and aunt made delicious food and had the food match a book theme too! This sister of mine better end up being a good reader!
One of mom's favorite surprises was the hilarious cake that Amber made. That was so thoughtful and talented of her to make a round cake WITH fondant!
When the gift opening started so did all the excitement! Mom was so thrilled to get the pimped-out stroller! That was one of my favorites too so we can keep up on our walking and take my sister. Thanks to lots of people from the Myers side of the family for making that happen!
She got lots of special gifts too, like some homemade quilts. Gram Beletsky spent months making this for my sister, and her first great granddaughter. It took mom's breath away. Sister will love this and mom will always tell her how it was made with love.
GGB (as she likes to be called) also gave mom some cute books, one used to belong to my grammie when she was little! I can't wait to read that one to my sister. Maybe when my grammie visits next we can read that one to her together!
While all the ladies were oohing and ahhhing over all the cute baby stuff, I was hanging with my dad, grandpa, and Papaw. Guy time
Mom ended the day with calling dad to collect all their gifts and load them up. He's a great guy like that. I think she used the term "pack mule".
My grandma's and Aunt Amber made that day so special with so much love. I think all the women loved the detail these four put into making this day so special. Mom could not have wished for a better weekend with all the family and friends she loves. After these showers, we just sat in the nursery and took it all in and reminded ourselves how very blessed we are and how loved my sister already is.
-Nelson

No comments:
Post a Comment