Let me dust off my paws and get reacquainted with writing about your life. It may have been 4 months, give or take a few days, since the last time I documented about you, but that doesn't mean we haven't been busy with you growing up. Quite the contrary.
Let's see, during my writing sabbatical you have done so much. Once you started walking our lives were forever changed. You could do so much much which means WE started rethinking everything we did. Going for walks, maybe avoid walking by the park because all you'll want is to get out and play. (Mom is still trying to work on her being okay with you playing on the germ-infected play set). Going to go shopping, maybe plan a shorter trip than before because you will just want to get out and play with all the clothes. Going to visit someone's house....really rethink how childproofed it is and maybe invite people to yours. You keep us busy 24/7.
Speaking of 24/7, you have also taken us on several roller coasters with your sleeping. Some nights, not a peep (oh we cherish those nights)...then others we see you throughout the nights and mornings. I guess we could say I love that you always keep us on our toes.
We had SUCH a fun summer. Playing in the water hose was one of your favorite activities this summer. Drinking from it, filling buckets and dumping them on yourself, and watering the flowers were a hit. Dad also got you a gift. This was funny to mom because he's bought you two things in his life. Well, he works hard and pays for most all of the stuff you get, but this was the second gift that he had actually picked out by himself for you. The first was a Chiefs jersey. The second was a car. (At that rate, I'd say you're next gift is bound to be awesome.) The car is pretty cool because dad can control it with a remote. Soooooo.....is it more a gift for you or him? Jury is still out on that one.
All of us got to go to our first Downtown Days...sounds super fun in theory, just a mediocre idea in reality. This was when we all learning how terrifying trains can be, as we had to wait for one to pass and blast the horns to near deafness. I was freaked, no surprise, but when we looked up at you, you were screaming in pure terror. Oops. Maybe once you're allowed to eat sugar, GMO-filled food, and ride something that isn't out of a suitcase, we will visit Downtown Days again.
As much fun as we had this summer, fall did not disappoint either. First, you got to go to a pumpkin patch...again, without me. This was a good time for all. Especially because Mimi got to go too!
We also spent a lot of time at the garden. This was fun for everyone. First, less germs because no other kids knew of the gem. Second, no other kids were there to bother me. Third, it was fully fenced in and you couldn't get out. Win.
Every day your personality shines more and more. We are learning that you like to help around the house. Doing dishes, vacuuming, dusting, throwing away trash, pulling the dishes off the placemats while on the table, bringing mom her shoes, bringing mom her robe when she gets out of the shower, bringing mom one Q-Tip at a time to her nightstand while she showers, emptying dishwasher (clean or dirty), "cleaning" out your sock drawer, trying on "pretties"/jewelry..the list goes on and on. Mom was trying to think of a way you could become even more helpful because you always want to "help" her while she is cooking, which makes cooking very difficult. So dad build you this caged contraption. Life saver. Helps you learn your way around the kitchen and helps mom get more done without so much fuss. I'm quite a fan of it too because you enjoy feeding me any food you may find on the counter. We have quite a system worked out.
Then one of my least favorite holidays...next to 4th of July, is Halloween. I have to say, you rocked Halloween. One thing I like is a get to spend so much time outside. But, why do so many people come ring my doorbell!!?! I hate that. You were a dog this year. Mostly because you love me so much. You looked pretty cute. I went as a frog. So we were a dog and a frog. Let's say you LOVED this holiday. We walked in a parade where we started out in the front and then ended last because you wanted to walk the whole way. Then you trick or treated and did a great job! Mom thought ahead and packed "mom approved" snacks in your bag so when you asked for the candy she would unwrap the fig bar and you knew no different. So sad. For everyone. Brody and Bryn came to play and have pizza with all our grandparents. It was very fun and such a great time with our family.
I would say one of the most exciting events would be the new addition to our family...your first cousin, Baby Jack! He came to visit us with and you enjoyed seeing a real life baby. You like to pretend to push a baby in a stroller and give babies a bottle. While perplexed by one that moves, you still thought he was pretty cool. I liked him because he didn't move much so he couldn't come get me.
We've had lots of visits with our great grandmas too. Gigi lives in a new house and I really liked it. You love exploring everything there is and the ladies there love you to pieces. You steal their food. Grandma Beletsky comes to see us too. You're her favorite thing on the planet. I must be close on that list because she sent me my own invite to Thanksgiving dinner. Uncle Kyle comes to visit you a lot too. He loves spending time with you. I think it's sweet that he could be doing single-life activities, but he likes seeing you instead:)
Phew...there is so much I missed out on telling you about your life. I vow to keep better track and spend a little less time under the table so I can capture it all. You are the most fun, the most friendly, the most cute, and the most loving toddler I know. We could not love you any more than we do and we are so thankful to call you ours.
Love you sister,
Nelson








































No comments:
Post a Comment