Monday, August 3, 2015

Walker Baby

Time can officially stand still.  You are a walking baby and ain't nothing going to stop you now.  Although you are nearly 14 months as I type this, you began walking right after your 1st birthday.  But, I've been too busy running way from you, and mom's too busy chasing you for anyone to get any of this milestone written down.  Dad started walking at 8 months (uh, if you look back at your history you weren't even crawling yet), mom started walking...well, no one knows when she started walking because Grandpa and Grammie didn't write anything down.  She could've been gifted, but we will never know.  

You started walking just how I always said you would...because of me.  Yep, I am the one thing that you want bad enough that you would walk to.  Super for me.  Mom got you naked before a bath and let you loose in your room.  She dangled a diaper because that is what got you to first crawl.  But you'd take a step or two but then fall.  I just couldn't stand to watch her efforts in getting you to walk anymore, so I moseyed in an worked my magic...got my tail just far enough out of your reach, raised it up, and wagged.  Boom, you moved. And so did I.  No way I was letting you get a hold of that.  Luckily mom knew what I was doing and she got it all on camera. 

Ever since then, there is no stopping you.  You are all over the place.  And you get faster each day.  Which means I have to get faster and I sleep less worrying about you getting to me.  You walk like Frankenstein with a mission to always destroy something.  It's been quite fun watching you be so curious about everything you can get your hands on.  

Some downfalls of you walking....you want to get into anything that you shouldn't:  hanging bags in search of PUFFS, drawers, cabinets, stairs, toilets.

Some perks of you walking....you walk in the pantry to get me treats.  (That's more of a perk of having thumbs.)  You also love to go shopping even more so you can see all the new things!  Mom and dad love that you can run to the door when they get home, that's a sweet perk.  

It may be tad scary for me at times but I love watching you zoom all over.  You've hit such a fun age (when you aren't too busy fussing for mom to hold you) and you are learning SO much every day.  Time, please stand still......   

 










Love,
Nelson


PS- Walking has made you a little too brave, getting a toy and you fell in.  Don't worry, mom helped you, but not until she could get a picture first.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment