Merry first Christmas Charlotte! Boy was it a good one for you! Christmas isn't just a day in our lives, it's more like a week of non-stop family gatherings. Luckily, you got spoiled at each one! Of course I didn't get to go to them all, so we don't have pictures to document each stop, but take my word that we now REALLY need a bigger house due to your first Christmas.
Your first gift was your very own chair! What a big girl. You love this and man, so do mom and dad. Yet another contraption to set you in for a bit. You got toys, towels, and tissue paper (boy that was probably your favorite!). You got a rocking horse to grow in to and some cute outfits as well! I even got you a gift...a jack in the box! What an underwhelming gift this turned out to be for you. You LOVE to be scared so I thought what a better gift! I was so excited to give it to you! You opened, mom cranked, we waited, and BOOM out jumps the rabbit!!! You just starred. Okay, we tried again. And again. Ooops, it even scared the beejeezus out of me one time! But never you. What an epic fail.
One of the most thoughtful gifts of all was your very first train and truck set, all handmade by Grandpa Frazier. You see, he's taken up woodworking and man is he good at it. We've definitely benefited from his new hobby. He also made you an airplane that looks just like Great Grandpa Frazier's.
Dad got mom a giant bowl to make my dog food in. So really it was a gift for me. And for you. Fill it with water and you got yourself your very own pool! Again, you were underimpressed.
Your other favorite gift was having Grammie and Grandpa Cooper in town for the whole week! We always love having them as houseguests. Grammie does a bang up job taking care of us. I think I get the most sad to see her go.
Your favorite Christmas memory was probably getting to make your first Christmas ornament. It was super special because it was your handprint. I got to make one too with my paw print. I took it way better than you did. Sheesh, you would've thought you were being water-boarded.
But the best gift of all was your ability to start sleeping better! Oh. My. Gosh did we need that! Mom kept checking some app she has that has your face following a chart?! She said your head was almost out of the storm cloud. I haven't the slightest clue what she means but as soon as you left the storm you started sleeping. Coincidence?! I think not.
We have so many things to be thankful for this year. YOU. Our family, our health, and our happiness. I know that you had a very Merry Christmas and I'm so thankful to have been able to share it with you. I can't wait to see what is in store for us both in 2015!!
I love you sister,
Nelson









No comments:
Post a Comment