Thursday, December 11, 2014

6 Months!

You are officially halfway to being 7!  Oh wait, that's not how you humans do it.  You are officially halfway to 1 and we can't believe how fast time is going by.





Some of the things you love:

  • being naked
  • smiling...it really is your best quality 
  • me
  • being held
  • grabbing at everything and putting it in your mouth
  • being scared (boo!)
  • blubbers
  • sitting up
Some things you would prefer to do without:
  • your crib
  • rolling over (you've given that up completely)
  • solid food (what's the point in your mind)
  • sleeping through the night

Man sister, a lot has happened during this last month.  Mom went back to work...and we have survived!  Know why?  Because I picked a great nanny.  I told mom when we met the right one that Lisa was what was going to make it possible for mom to work.  We have Mrs. Lisa that comes over each day mom deserts us.  Too harsh?  At first, I thought this was strange.  Some odd lady coming over so very early.  Now, I enjoy seeing her.  She hangs out with us all day and she takes really good care of you and I until mom comes home.  She also has you taking a bottle like a champ!  You bake, shop, talk, play, and snuggle with Lisa.  I watch to make sure things go smoothly, but I've starting napping too because I know you are in such good hands.  



You also had your first Thanksgiving!  You were confused below because mom and dad told you that you EAT turkey, yet here you are MEETING the turkey.  Lots of details to hash out as you get older.  




 Grandpa Nelson (no not me) really enjoyed getting in some lap time.  You should practice for when we have to go see Santa).

This was your first big holiday and you did wonderful!  Mom got you a cute dress, you behaved in the car, you smiled for the family, so overall it was a win!  You also were a trooper with all the hand sanitizing that occurred.  

Another 6 month biggie is the sitting up milestone!  This is super fun!  And it's much easier for me to lick your mouth when you are sitting up.  You do really well at this.  However, we did have a small head injury while you were sitting right in front of mom, who clearly isn't quick on her feet.  We have video.  But I'm scarred from watching it.  




You were introduced to your first food!  Well, your first food was technically a box.  Mom thought you were enjoying it as a chew toy too much to take it away.  When she finally did, parts of it were gone.  Hope it was least organic.  



Then your second meal was an avocado.  Not sure I can count this because you swallowed nothing.



Then we tried sweet potato.  Pretty much same effect.  

Next up this month was your first road trip!  Sadly it was to the middle of Kansas.  Man were you a trooper.  This was an EVENT.  I knew something was up as mom was packing nearly everything you own.  Turns out, you weren't even staying the night!  I almost thought we were moving there.  You were all smiles on the way down!

And then mom had to try and find a way to entertain you in the hotel for FOUR hours.  So you played lots of peek-a-boo and sitting up.   


Then you put on your fancy dress and got to go wait in a church for hours.  Babies and churches...not a fun combo.  You did great, but mom was so worn out.  Check out how buff she got just from the 6 hours of holding you!  



I mean, for being in a quiet place for so long, you did so well.  


So she just set you in a chair to snap some shots....what else was there to do. 


Leaving the church was another story.  Aunt Amber got lost, you lost your shit, and mom lost her mind.  At that point, it was 8:00.  WAY past your bedtime and you were nowhere near close to sleeping yet.  Once mom finally found the reception you could hardly get control of yourself.  She fed you in the car and was ready to physically hurt dad.  For what reason?  I'm not quite sure.  So, you wardrobe changed, rallied, and joined the party.  




Until you were ready for the party to be over.  So, finally at 10:00 you were allowed to go to sleep and mom and dad started their journey home.  Mom was excited to sleep for the 4 hour drive.  Until she realized it was a one lane highway in the fog.  So she sat stiff in the backseat, protecting you, and could hardly move from the muscle soreness.  Leave it to dad, he got you home safe to me.  Man I sure missed you guys.  But, I got some alone time with my grandpa.  

We also had another opportunity to take some great family Christmas photos.  Ugh.  Three words for this day.... Holiday sweater.  Bow.   










Once again, I (well WE) stole the show on the Christmas card.  

And to finally wrap up month 6, mom turned 30!!!!  Can you even believe she moved up a decade! You'll notice there aren't any pictures to document this.  That would be because there was nothing to document.  I had been telling dad for WEEKS we need to put our heads together and really do it up big for her.  Man alive, my tail was curling as the days approached and I saw he wasn't putting anything together.  It's a good thing mom doesn't write on here, otherwise there would be some choice words on how it was such a sad day despite the fact they have gone to all mom's friends 30th birthday parties in the last year.  So, when you're older you can ask dad what NOT to do for a birthday.  Because in our house, these days are BIG deals sister.  We count our blessings for every birthday we get.  

I love you lots sissy, and can't wait to see what the next month has in store for you.  Thanks for brightening my day, chasing me around the house (with the help of mom), tasting so great, and not pulling my hair too hard.  You are a keeper. 

Love,
Nelson


  











No comments:

Post a Comment