Today marks a really special day for me...it's my birthday (and she can cry if she wants to)! Well, we don't really know my birthday so we chose the day that I found my mom and dad, or rather they found me. That day was a scary one, along with the whole first year of my life. I can still remember August 14, 2010. I was sitting with my feet nicely crossed in my cold, small, loud kennel at Wayside Waifs. People kept walking by so fast. In fact, mom and dad walked by so fast at first. But, story has it that when they met up and talked about if there were any dogs they wanted to meet, they both had seen the same one....ME! They went to go fill out the paperwork to walk me. In fact, they were so eager, they cut in line because they knew there was another man who wanted to meet me too. They are quite competitive and were not going to lose out on a chance to meet me. That guy was not happy. So, out I came, reluctantly though. I was so scared, my tail was tucked, my hair was falling out, and I was skinny. They took me outside and I loved it but really wanted a place to hide because the big world was scary. I finally found a bench and hid while my mom sat. She looked at me and asked, "do you want me to be your mom". She read my mind. Yes.
Off we went, to my forever home. Although I shook the whole way home, I knew my life was about to begin.
Since then I've lived a dream. My mom and dad are my best friends. Mom walks me several times a day. Dad plays with me.
I don't like to brag too much but I'm also pretty much a dream dog too. I've never had an accident, I don't use the yard for my restroom breaks, I keep mom healthy by walking her every day, and I'm a great listener. I'm really just like a human
Here is a walk down my four years of memory lane...
I bathe like a human
I celebrate birthday's like a human (check out all the donations I collected at my first party for my alma mater, Wayside Waifs)
I eat like a human
I do yard work like a human
And build walls
I pick up a hobby like a human (what a lame hobby)
I watch TV like a human
I do the dog days of summer like a human.
I nap like a human.
I celebrate Christmas like a human.
I try and throw things away like a human
I play in the snow like a human.
"Every boy needs a snowman" -my dad
I help other dogs in need, like a human. (my foster sister, Twiggy)
I sit on laps like a human kid
I watch fireworks like a human.
I do laundry like a human.
I wear shoes like a human.
I dress like a human.
I take selfies like weird humans.
I'm idolized like other humans.
I do walks to raise money for my alma mater, like the humans do.
I celebrate Halloween like humans.
I get a little sister, just like humans.
I guard my family. Just like humans.
Off to celebrate with my family. I hope it's a tasty night!
Love,
Nelson
Dear Nelson,
I hacked your password because I wanted to tell you how much we truly love you. You are our first born and the best dog your dad and I could've wished for. You are loyal, you stay by me no matter what kind of mood I'm in. When I'm sad, you let me cry with you, when I'm happy, you let me kiss all over you, when I'm bored, you let me play in the yard with you. I love your ornery attitude and your soft and gentle spirt. You make those around you feel calm and at peace. You are so easy to talk to and you always know the right thing to say. You allow those that are afraid of dogs realize how great a furry friend really is. You've become the BEST big brother too! I love that I can always count on you to help with Charlotte and she loves you dearly because of it. I'm never alone because of you.
I hacked your password because I wanted to tell you how much we truly love you. You are our first born and the best dog your dad and I could've wished for. You are loyal, you stay by me no matter what kind of mood I'm in. When I'm sad, you let me cry with you, when I'm happy, you let me kiss all over you, when I'm bored, you let me play in the yard with you. I love your ornery attitude and your soft and gentle spirt. You make those around you feel calm and at peace. You are so easy to talk to and you always know the right thing to say. You allow those that are afraid of dogs realize how great a furry friend really is. You've become the BEST big brother too! I love that I can always count on you to help with Charlotte and she loves you dearly because of it. I'm never alone because of you.
Thank you for your snuggles, your kisses, your advice, and your love.
We love you more than you'll ever know.
Love,
Mom, dad, and sissy.















No comments:
Post a Comment