Sunday, June 25, 2017

A Sister Is Born

I've had this older sibling gig down for 3 years now.  But Charlotte, on the other hand, had a new job.  One that I've told her is the most important.  That is being the big kid of the family.  Our little girl grew overnight into this giant child that we call Big Sister.  I have to say sister, you've taken on big sister duty flawlessly.  

Mom was prepared for the jealousy, tantrums, acting out, etc.  So far, none of this has happened.  You seem to understand when Levi needs to be fed that mom has to tend to him.  Or if he needs to be rocked, you can be okay just sitting next to her.  This has made us all so very proud of you.  Sharing mom and dad is not easy.  Trust me, I didn't want to do it.  But, come to find out, there is enough room for us all.  It just makes our family that much more fun.  (That's not to say I don't dream about the days when it was just me and mom playing rope every day in the field).

You've become a pro at throwing away poopy diapers!  Oddly enough, you won't throw away a wet diaper, saying those are not your job.  You love to get him a blankie, put in his binkie, get his socks, tickle him, let mom know if he's cried "the WHOLE time" when she's gone, and you are an awesome baby-bath-giver.

To think we could love you even more than we already did is amazing.  But we love you our first baby, big sister, Charlotte Ann!

Thanks for making me proud,
Nelson













No comments:

Post a Comment