Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The Dark Days

You're 6 weeks today!  It's been said that the days prior to today are known as The Dark Days.  While you eat and sleep, mom does a lot of reading.  Books, online, blogs, etc.  You name it, she's probably at least browsed through it.  (I'm here to tell you that she has yet to fully finish a book though).  During her reading, she found that the magic number is six weeks.  Supposedly you're supposed to start sleeping better, fussing less, and being more alert.... all TODAY!  I can't wait!  The term The Dark Days are somewhat true.  But, once mom realized this was reality, she quickly wanted to get ahead of these dreaded days.  That's way every morning we all three go for a long walk together.  Even when it's so hot, we are outside and out of the house!  We've also tried to go somewhere each afternoon.  Whether it's the post office, gas station, the mall, or lunch (I don't get to go to those), we try to leave the house.  When we can't leave the house, we started a new TV series.  Mom's really in to Ray Donovan.  Dad was too...which is why he stayed up till 5:10AM one day to watch it all at once.  Idiot.  These are just a few of the ways we began to survive The Dark Days.


During these days you in fact HAVE become more alert.  You love to lay under the ceiling fan in the living room.  Despite the fact that we have $1000 in contraptions to set you in, you prefer the plain old floor and that silly fan, and it's not even turned ON.


Seriously Charlotte, you've got me to play with, yet you still prefer the fan.  
So I play with your toes. 




I took you to visit the farm.  You did really well and enjoyed seeing me play outside and visiting your great grandparents.



You love to snuggle with daddy.  He really is a good cuddler.  Plus, it's a great way for mom to run an errand or even just eat dinner!  



You were told your whole life that we weren't going to be bow people.  So I don't blame you for your disappointment on this matter.  But my goodness you're super cute.  



And of course, you still LOVE bath time.  And so do I.  




Happy 6 weeks baby Charlotte.  I look forward to more sleep, less screams, and lots of smiles.  Since that what the books say.  

Love,
Nelson







No comments:

Post a Comment