Sunday, February 16, 2014

Dominated Week 21

Poopy Start
Mom says we are 21 weeks along and I think this picture is an indication of the kind of week I had in store.

I got the stomach bug (or so she thought) and it just makes my mom so nervous.  We went to the vet and come to find out all the snow storms have led me to have an upset tummy because of the salt! (mom is supposed to be the one eating more salt these days, not me)  I normally like the vet, until they put on a glove.  Which is why I headed towards the door.  My mind-tricks did NOT make this thing open.

So there I am, mom, me, and the vet with the glove.  (You can assume what happened next)  The vet told me that I need to be washing my paws off every time I come in from a walk when there is salt in the street because it upsets my stomach.  (Which is every day because I have a rock star mom).  So, lesson learned and my week got better.  I even started helping mom out because she can't lift me into the bathtub when dad isn't home...so I hopped in myself.  I too, am a rock star.  

She's Losing Her Mind
This week was also the made up holiday, Valentine's Day!  Mom and I went to CVS the day before so she could get dad a card and some Reeces.  She said she was also going to get him a PS4 but I have yet to see that.  She wanted to get him one last toy before June.  Are we going to have a toy shortage that I'm not aware of??  Anyway, she goes into CVS fine and comes out with tears in her eyes....luckily laughing (but you never know these days).  I heard her laughing to Aunt Jodi on the phone.  She said she went to the check-out, greeted the guy, gave him her card, paid, and then momentarily got distracted.  When he went to give her the receipt she looked up at him and shouted "HI!!" at the poor guy.  She said the guy starred at her and she walked off embarrassed.  She does crazy stuff like that these days. Forgets things, gets upset, laughs at nothing, the list goes on and on.  Luckily this hasn't impacted me...yet.  

Valentine's Day
Then came Valentine's Day which is also my Grammie's birthday.  I sent her a card telling her how much I miss her.  I hear she is coming back in March to clean our house.  Oh, and to host a baby shower too.  Can't wait!  

Today my dad and I spoiled my mom a bit.  He sent her a delicious box of chocolate covered strawberries to work.  Mom was so excited to get a gift she could eat but even more excited that dad took the time to look up her address at work.  Impressive.  When she got home she also found a card in her purse from none other than me.  (Don't tell her but my Aunt Jodi helps me in this department.  She still thinks I'm sneaking to the card store though).  Mom loved it and felt so happy that we made her feel special.  I think she must still be working on my Valentine because I haven't gotten anything yet....


Dad said there is just so many "lasts" going on.  Like the last Christmas without a baby and this was the last Valentine's Day.  I hope the holidays don't disappear when this baby comes!  I love Halloween!!

NFM and BBB Domination
On Saturday my mom and dad left to go shop for my baby sister.  Normally when they leave they give me a kiss and say, "see you in just a little bit" but today they left out the "little bit" part so I knew I was in for a long day on the couch.  

They first started at the furniture mecca, Nebraska Furniture Mart.  Mom said they were on a mission (as she always is when she shops) and boy did they do good.  They were there 20 minutes and they had three cribs picked out.  Mom got a little overwhelmed so dad walked her through the tricky decisions. What crib, what color, what dresser, and boom...they were done!  That does not often happen with my mom and her decision making.  They decided on this number which I think will look quite nice.  

Just when she thought it was time to go, dad suggested they walk around and look at the kitchens.  Mom caught on to his sneaky ploy...the kitchens are placed right near the electronics, fool.  Strangely enough she found herself in front of the 80" and 70" TVs.  Luckily dads temporal lobe has firmed up and he noticed those would be too big in our house.  Myers 1, NFM 0...total domination.

Their next stop was to Anxiety Baby, or better known as Buy Buy Baby.  (I prefer a nice trip to Brookside Barkery if you ask me).  They decided to add some stuff to the baby registry.  Mom did a lot online so dad wouldn't be too overwhelmed and so he would't click a lot of the stuff that she hated.  Don't worry, that still happened.  The three things dad wants on the baby GIRL's registry are a mustchifier, a set of blue dog onsies, and a camo diaper bag.  In his defense, he wants the onsies because they have doggies on them and he loves me so much.  That guy:)  Myers 1, BBB 0...total domination.  7 hours later, they came home to a very eager ME!  

Room Cleaning
As if mom wasn't tired enough from today's vicotories, dad decided he wanted to start cleaning out the baby's room.  Since mom can't lift, us boys took care of the heavy hauling for her.  Since I don't have thumbs, dad was in charge of the screwdriver.  (hmmmm, notice how the screwdriver is actually not in use).

Once we got the room all cleaned out we took a break in this quiet room.  Mom says it won't always be this quiet in here.  Not sure what kind of ragers she plans on throwing because I sure enjoy the peace.


Although the week started off poopy I do feel like we sure accomplished a lot.  Mom and dad seem happy which always makes me so happy.  Now we are in to week 22 and I can't wait to see what she has in store for me.  Where to  next my lady!?



  -Nelson




 

No comments:

Post a Comment