Wednesday, April 13, 2016

I Love You

Kind of a lame title...not a lot of creativity, huh? Well, I couldn't think of any better way to put it other than, I love you. 

Today we spent the day enjoying the gorgeous spring afternoon. We started our morning with our usual walk, but then decided it would be fun to go see grandpa and the garden store. As usual, you seem to put a smile on the face of anyone looking, including my own. Despite your spicy attitude, you are a hoot to watch. A girl on a mission for plants. 

We enjoyed a lovely lunch of "bitch" or as I like to call them, chips, and "cheeeeeese" and cuddled before your nap. 

I was eager for you to wake so we could go dig in the garden. Mostly I dug, Nelson sat in the holes, and you watched. 


We ended our evening with a walk to the park with Bryn and Brody, followed by your second golf cart ride of the day to see some deer. 



I can't tell you how many times today I just looked at you and couldn't find words to describe how much I love you. I guess those words are supposed to explain it, but it just doesn't seem enough. 

As you round the corner towards the "terrible twos" I can see why some people dread this age. Overnight you've come to love the word "NO", have thrown a tantrum (or two) in public, and have just not listened because you're mad. 

 
But at the same time, you have asked for my "hand" to hold, given me kisses with a huge smile, snuggled in closer, and eagerly run to show me all your proud accomplishments.  You WANT to spend time together, no matter what we do. Garden, play in daddy's truck, walk around the neighborhood, sit on porches, get the mail, play in our bed, or even put away laundry. I am so grateful on how much you love me, dad, and Nelson and how nothing is more fun for you then just us. 

As we began to wind down our night I saw you start to dance your heart out on Kenny's golf cart. You smiled and shook and wiggled and stomped your feet. It was pure joy and freedom. I pray so deeply hard that you have that pure joy and freedom for as long as you possibly can. Dance freely and happy, for you light up the lives of everyone around. 

I put you to bed and sang you a song and snuggled you longer than usual ...just to show you how much I love you. 


 
Love,
Mom 

No comments:

Post a Comment