Saturday, June 6, 2015

Home Sweet Home

Well it's been almost a whole month since I dusted off my paws to write to you about your life.  That's because I've been so busy getting used to our new house.  That's right, we moved.  You won't remember it, but I sure will.  It's been slightly traumatic for me to lose my very first home, yours too!  But mom and dad found us a really nice house to call our new home.   Luckily it's still in the same neighborhood so I don't have to meet new dogs or trees.   But before we move, we stopped by to take one last family picture on American Royal Way, where our lives together began.



Also before we fully moved, we had a few matters to attend to.  You needed to wrap a birthday gift for Nanny Lisa for her last day watching us...at least until August.  


And then we had to take care of a few things in our yard.  Mom loves all the plants in our yard.  Mostly because the majority of them came from Grandpaw's yard.  She couldn't be okay with anything Tom, Dick, or Sally tending to his plants.  I mean, mom can grow a mean weed, but she also did a great job at growing his plants.  So, we dug them up.  I'm almost certain this is not technically something you are supposed to do.  So you and I stood on guard to make sure noone knew what was happening.  




And then sister, we were gone.  Out of there, sayonara, that's all she wrote.  

But, turns out, there was a new backyard!  It had weedless grass (for now), a fireplace, lots of plants (and even more now that Grandma and Nanny Lisa planted our old ones) and lots of dirt for you.  



 I'm learning how to lay outside by myself, just like the old days.  There is so much for you and I to do here!  Mostly, I like to lay and play, you like to eat dirt, mulch, bugs, and rocks.






 This house even came with a cat!!  False.  The previous owners didn't take their cat yet and he thought you could be his new family.  Mom and dad (and me) said no way.  But you did enjoy your time with him.




My favorite room is our new screened porch.  It's quiet, comfy, and quaint.  You love this room too.  Especially when mom leaves the back door open and you can just crawl right out there (notice I said crawl because you are not walking yet...)


The new house also has a Charlotte drawer which you love to trash.  Mom's so good to you.  You've recently upgraded to a spice drawer, even messier.  


 

 The coolest part is you have two rooms in this place.  Your big bedroom and your very own playroom!  This is a great place for you to put your new homemade table in, courtesy of Grandpa Frazier.



This new place is panning out to be okay.  I still have lots of noises to learn and boxes to unpack.   But I see why mom and dad brought us here.  I have to admit, I thought they had lost their minds when they decided to move us.  I mean, what was so wrong with our old place?  Nothing actually.  It was our first home and we will always love it and drive by it even when we are old and grey.  We will tell you stories about how we first brought you home and all the fun memories we made there.  But now, we are on to more memories.  

For example, one of my favorite first memories of you in our new home is your first word.  Sure, you say the mamamama and dadadada and yummmmm and moo like a cow and bark like a dog.  But you said a word.  A real three letter word when mom asked you the daily question of "where's Nelson?"  Where was I??  You weren't sure, so you crawled to the door and said "DOG!"  We couldn't believe it.  A word that had a meaning!  Of course it doesn't hurt that I, in fact, was your first real word.  

The memories await us here.  The boxes do too.  We are supposed to help unpack each day.  You definitely haven't been what I call a "helper".  


I love you big girl,
Love
Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment