So, here we are, sweet sweet Charlotte. You cut your first tooth. It's kinda exciting. Or so we thought. You seem to just want mom lately. At all times of the night. Dad used to cut it, but not any more! So, that makes for one tired mommy. Maybe I should write a whole post on how awesome she is. For another day maybe. So, about every TWO, yes 2, hours she gets up and comes to your room. And I'm pretty sure you know we watch you to see if we can wait it out in the off chance you actually put yourself back to sleep. But if we even consider CIO (that's what we in the biz call cry-it-out) you mean-mug us into coming to get you.
Because of this tooth, everything in sight goes in your mouth. Even me.
So far you've enjoyed pears, sweet potatoes, and avocados. You also prefer to feed yourself, and you swat at mom if she tries to do it. Hasn't anyone ever told you don't bite the hand that feeds you. Literally. It's rude.
Mom even had the bright idea to let you gnaw on a bag of frozen peas. Notice the bag is empty and the floor is not. May I just remind you that she is tired.
Aunt Jodi even came over to check out your tooth. We played and you ate your hand.
Maybe I'm a little too harsh about your fussy tude, we are just so used to such a happy-go-lucky baby. I know it must be hard having a knife-life object break through your baby gums. One. At. A. Time. So, we try and do whatever we can to make you happy. I will tell you, it has involved a LOT of dancing to records. Nanny Lisa likes a little Buffet. Mom and Grandpaw enjoy Grease soundtrack. Dad prefers youtube on the big screen to "Everything is Awesome" from the lego movie. He's definitely the hip one of the group.
So, one down, twenty-something more to go. Now wonder everyone says 4 years is their favorite kid age. Oh well, we love you to pieces anyway.
Love,
Nelson
PS- Mom, please note that Charlotte actually got her tooth about 2 weeks prior to this post. I just want you to have it on record for when you go back to look at the exact age one day. I've been too tired to get it together.









No comments:
Post a Comment