First, mom decided to surprise dad at work by asking him to play hookie and go to the movies. That was a rather big deal because mom HATES the movies. The smell, the sounds, the teens...everything. Dad said he wasn't going to pass up this opportunity, so they had a fun day date. He said he needed documentation of this rare event.
Since then, they've gone on several dates. Enjoying their "free" time before my sister gets here. What am I??
Also, remember how good my dad is at swaddling? Well he came home and saw that Ben the bear had come out of his blanket. First thing the guy did when he walked in the door was swaddle the guy. He's so weird. Hope he's this hands on right when he comes home when there is a live person in that contraption.
Then that leads us to today....
Today has been quite an exhausting day for me. It started at 3am when mom got up to go to the bathroom. That was normal. Then a couple minutes later she got up again, then again, and I thought we need to figure something out here because I'm not sleeping. So, we got up and had an early morning snack. Turns out, mom was having some belly pain and just could not sleep. It wasn't that bad of belly pain, but enough to make her not sleep. So we snacked and went back to bed. Or at least I did. Mom got on Facebook, email, Instagram, and then finally decided to download a contraction counter app. Dad got up at 5 AM and went to the bathroom. When he came back, mom told him she's had 6 contractions. His response was "hmmm, contractions, what are those like?" and while she was telling him, he fell back asleep. He's really not an alarmist as you can tell. Morning came, Sears didn't, and mom and I decided to go run errands. Her contractions have only been about 15-20 min apart. Turns out errand running was NOT a good idea. We made it to Hy-Vee and mom walked so damn slow I had to wait in the car forever. Wore me out.
Mom used her good judgement and we came home. We've been on the couch ever since. The contractions have gotten a little closer together at this point.
I've been sleeping with one eye open because she keeps breathing heavy and getting squirmy. I sure hope we sleep better tonight. I don't like seeing her in pain but I hope it's all working out like it's supposed to. All I know is my Grammie is not here yet and I'm pretty sure we are supposed to wait until we have ALL parents in the same city before a baby comes. This could be a long night. Wish me luck....
Love,
Nelson





No comments:
Post a Comment