Monday, March 3, 2014

Painting and Primping

Well the damn snow is back.  (Mom says I shouldn't cuss...okay sailor).  Just when I thought my walks were going to get even longer, they get even shorter because my paws cannot handle it!

Before the snow started this weekend we did get some major work done in the nursery.  Grandpaw, his friend, Charley, and dad got busy on whatever makes lots of loud noises.  I sure love helping dad and grandpaw, but this one was just a little to much for me.  I'm out.

To get away from all the clamor, mom and I spent all day running around the entire city.  Later we came back to a beautiful room.  Charley got to use the nail gun but I think dad and Grandpaw were in the background waiting their turn. 

Mom and dad were so thrilled with how it turned out!  Check it out.  Also check out my grandpaw's butt photobombing the picture.  #embarrASSing (see what I did there :)  )



Dad is chomping at the bit to put my sisters bed together so he's even more excited about the progress!

Later that night my mom and dad spent a long time getting ready, which is NOT normal.  They put on these fancy outfits and looked so pretty.  Turns out they were going to the NFL 101 Awards.  Not sure what that's supposed to be but mom was just excited to get all fancy.  (this was when the damn snow started though which you know turns her into a nervous wreck).  They considered having me get a picture of them but after careful consideration we decided the lack-of-thumbs made it impossible.  That mom, she's so smart though...she figured it out.  Look how well they clean up!

  
Once there, they finally got someone to take a picture of them together.  These days I'm noticing how much those two look alike.  Which makes me confused on who I got my golden hair from?  

Mom was excited because she got to see some famous NFL players.  Her favorite was Peyton Manning.  She said he kept trying to get in the photo with her but I sure as heck can't see him.  I'll just take her word for it.  

Sounds like those two had a fun, fancy night out.  

The next day we spent the whole day snuggled on the couch.  That night wore her out.  She did however make me some delicious dog food though.  I will say she's really funny these days.  She laughs...A LOT but sometimes she gets so upset.  Like when she was making my dog food.  She dropped an egg on the floor and had a pretty good temper tantrum.  I excused myself upstairs until she was done.  I didn't want her to be embarrassed.  What's funny is my dad was on the couch and didn't hear a thing the entire time. Uh, are you deaf?  I wonder if he will hear my sister cry??  Mom says she's going to hook the baby monitor up to the TV so he won't be able to miss it.  She's so smart.  

So, overall we had a really good week 23.  Sadly, mom forgot to take a belly picture (oh shucks).  But she ate like a horse, so just take my word that my sister was growing this week.  Her friend, Katie thinks it's so funny how much mom can eat.  I often think it's alarming...that lady can put it down...and she doesn't share as much as she used to with me.  

Signing off today as I go to help my grandpa finish up the fine details of the little lady's room.  Have I mentioned how lucky we are to have his help!?

                            


-Nelson





No comments:

Post a Comment